Saturday, February 20, 2010

CNY day 7

Yah so....it was a very busy Chinese New Year this year.

Went to visit lots of houses since day 1. I feel fat. I can feel my titties.

Forget about pictures from day 1 to day 6. Too lazy to take pictures with my crappy camera and too lazy to upload them with the crappy internet.

So today is the 7th day of Chinese New Year, something to do with the Yee Sang.

Went to Vanda Restaurant to have our dinner. I was wondering why for YEARS in a row we keep going to this place. My mom said it's because they have lion dance performance in this restaurant. Wth =.=


Entrance display at Vanda Restaurant, orchid hotel


Yee Sang before they mix it up and toss it up high.


The higher the toss, the better the luck they say.
Whatever I say.
The more of them in my belly, the better luck for me I say.


Sharkfin's soup. Yummy


Roasted Chicken. Perfectly roasted and therefore it's not dry.


Sea Cucumber and mushroom.


Fried rice with diced duck.


Sweet and sour prawns.
I was a bit slow when taking this picture. Some people took half of it really fast.


Steamed fish with soya sauce. Pretty good.


Red Bean with ice cream for desert.
Damn sweet.
Fucking Ham Lan.


So during our 2nd dish onwards, the lion dance troupe came up and performed round the tables and restaurant.

ROAR !


One of the lions with my greatgrandmother.


Another lion with my uncle and auntie.


There are a total of four lions.
Supposedly in chinese new year, the chinese believe the lion dance would frighten off evil spirits.
I may believe in that but I BELIEVE your wallet would feel lighter too.


The lion dance troupe playing the drums and cymbals and whatnot.


So cute !


Then the lion dance troupe went to the ground floor of the hotel to perform the usual lion dance stunt.


TALL !

Good Food.


- LTY

No comments:

Post a Comment