Sunday, February 7, 2010

A day in KB

Date and Day : 07/02/09, Sunday

Today Shahrin, Frans and I went to KB to meet up with Yun and Tiong, our perthie friends.
KB or Kuala Belait is a district which is about 110km from my place.

Generally, it's a very quiet place and extra peaceful. But it's really fun to drive down there (or in my case, to sit in Shahrin's car) to meet up friends and have a little chat.

We departed from my place around 10:00am.

Had a little head start. Therefore, 89km =))


We were at Sg. Liang and got a bit distracted coz we just had to stop by this famous kway teow place for well, their kway teow.


Fried Kway Teow with sunny side up egg. And ahh.....coffee.


We arrived at KB town around 11:30am. Tiong had something to do earlier on in the day, so we met up with Yun first. Clear blue sky. Hot Hot Hot Hot ! Sweat Sweat Sweat Sweat !


Yun came a bit late so we walked around KB town for a bit. Tiong and him drove us around KB. Very nice of them.


Went to had lunch at the famous KB Rojak hawker's Lee Loi Fatt. Well, I prefer the rojak at Maju fast food located at Jaya hypermart foodcourt. You'll be the judge. =p


Laksa and Rojak.


We had ABCs too. ABC = Ais Batu Campur. Mine has no gula melaka that's why the crushed ice doesn't have a shit stain on it.


Had lunch with (initially Yun's friends) Emily and Chuan Ching, along with Shahrin, Frans, Yun and myself. Emily is the lady with the peace sign.


Dum Dee Dum !
JUST JOKING !


Me and the lovely Frans dearest !


Can you see the tiny nodding donkeys ?


Went over to OGDC, my first time there. It's a nice and fun experience.
Sadly, some of the exhibition items are closed for maintenance at the moment.


lalala. There are no stairs actually.
It's just a supposedly 3D art design.
The posers failed to make it look 3D.


One of the exhibition items.
Reminds me deuce bigalow somehow...
The "PUMP"


Cool 3D Diamond display.
Here's the truth : There's no diamond to begin with. It's just a hologram.


I got beheaded and reincarnated 10mins after.


So many fishes and tortoises.


I think that's a tortoise.


First time I've seen a "reverse parking" sign.


Can you see the mattress at the top floor? Reminds me of the movie The Hangover.


Went to Seria which is about 10mins drive before KB to have tea at Universal cafe. It's a really old restaurant, love em !


Looks so old ! I love it !


I had coffee and Teh C.


2 guys, many cups.


We ordered 4 sets of roti kahwin and we gobbled them really fast. It's good.
Really fast till the only picture I could take was the last slice, before shahrin ate it.


French toast with cheese (I think that's what Yun said).
Love this stuff too !!!!


Classic.


Then around 4:30pm, we went to KB town again to meet up with Tiong at marilyn cake house.


The Shahrin and Tiongness.


Yun had to go back first, so Tiong brought us around to some dock nearby. lols.


At the roundabout.


The dock. Stayed here for a bit. Enjoyed the breeze.


And a bit more...


Until it became dark and cloudy...


We had dinner at KB Fratini's.

I had the Fettucini Carbonara. It's alright. Far in comparison to the pasta in Ciao Italia, Perth.


Frans dish. Can't recall how to spell it =/


Shahrin's raviolli ? I wasn't paying attention. FAIL !


Then Yun came back to join us for a little chat at Fratini's before we went back. We left KB around 8pm. Reached back home near 10pm. It was a fun yet tiring day !
Thanks to everyone who made this trip fun and memorable.


- LTY

No comments:

Post a Comment