Saturday, October 17, 2009

Steam + boat = steamboat

Date and Day : 16/10/09, Friday
People : Tiong, Kwok Leong, Serene, Beverly, Keanu and me


So today we decided to have steamboat just for the fun of it. We bought some meat the day before, and then somemore on the steamboat day itself.

Varieties of meat available


For the health conscious serene and keanu, veges


Keanu the noob. Serene the pro. And by pro, I mean professional and not that derogatory "pro"


The whole lot


Zoom in a bit


Cooking process. Steamboat is a good way to practice one's patience


The girls, beverly and serene


What a mess !


Keanu fondling baileys. He's doing a general check on baileys.
Keanu's a vet-to-be-at-the-end-of-this-year


It started as a very very light soup base, and at the end the result is this deliciously delicious broth. What is good to eat, is bad for the health. So tempting to just drink all this ! lols


Keanu also taught me how to make his special steamboat sauce where we just throw all our cooked steamboat food into keanu's "special sauce". What he said was, just throw in a raw egg into a bowl, add some soya sauce and some satay sauce and just mix it. Initially I THOUGHT we dumped it into the soup. So it's my first time eating raw egg. lols. But I try not to think about that when I'm eating it. It's good stuff man hongkie dude !


- LTY

No comments:

Post a Comment